What is Zzoma?
The Zzoma Positional Device is the only FDA-cleared positional medical device for the treatment of mild to moderate positional Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA). Designed by board certified sleep physicians, Zzoma is a positioner worn around your upper torso that ensures you remain comfortably positioned on your side while sleeping—normalizing sleep quality while minimizing nighttime disruption and daytime fatigue. In a multi-center clinical study, Zzoma was found to be a clinically proven effective treatment for patients with positional OSA1.
Zzoma Quick Facts
- The only class II medical device cleared by the FDA for the treatment of mild to moderate positional obstructive sleep apnea
- Designed by sleep physicians
- Effective wedge shape design
- Adjustable Velcro® for comfort
- Side elastics for comfortable breathing
- Special grip surface to secure straps in place
- 12″ x 5.5″ x 4″
- Reimbursed by many private carriers (see below)
- For a list of frequently asked questions from our patients click here
Zzoma is an effective, affordable and comfortable CPAP alternative
Although continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) therapy is an effective treatment for positional OSA, up to 50% of CPAP users use it incorrectly on a daily basis1—citing problems like claustrophobia, mask discomfort, inability to tolerate the air pressure and/or side effects such as nasal congestion or eye irritation. In a multi-center clinical study1 of patients with positional OSA, Zzoma was found to be just as effective as CPAP therapy while allowing you to sleep comfortable on your own pillow with no mask or skin irritation. Zzoma is also an affordable alternative to CPAP therapy..
Four Easy Steps to a Restful Night
- Place the device on your back and bring the straps around so they are in front of you.
- Position the device so the Velcro straps are at the level of your chest.
- Adjust the Velcro straps for fit and comfort and secure together.
- Lie on either side in a comfortable position and go to sleep.
Ask Your Doctor
Positional OSA can only be diagnosed by a sleep study and not all patients with OSA should be treated with the Zzoma. Zzoma is available by prescription only. Ask your doctor if the Zzoma Positional Device may be right for you.
Zzoma is an out-of-pocket expense that you may be refunded for by your private healthcare insurer. Refund approval and percentage depends on your policy.
If you’d like to receive pre-approval we suggest for you to start by calling the 800 # on the back of your insurance card. Ask them their policy on the equipment code E1399 as a medical necessity. Explain to the customer care representative that you have been diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea and have been prescribed Zzoma as a medical device. Let them know that you do have a medical necessity letter.
Most insurance companies will have you purchase items and then download a claim form from their website. We suggest submitting a copy of your prescription, medical necessity letter and receipt with your form. We are not given permission to access your health coverage so please be sure to write your own address on the forms for correspondence.